Monday, May 18, 2009

Yeeeeah boi!!!

After a bit of trial and error I finally managed to knock off the rest of the side missions on Wheelman - 105 of the little tykes at S rank. I didn't play at all on Friday, so managed to get the remaining 26 I needed over the course of Saturday and Sunday. In fairness, once you have the mechanics of the game down, they are all fairly straightforward.

After hearing some of the nightmare stories going around I assumed that some of the missions would really push me to the limit, but out of the seven different types of quests at least five of them were a walk in the park. The most tricky, in my eyes, were the taxi missions as they required getting to a set location in a fairly tight time limit and some of them could be ruined by even one crash. Things like Fugitive followed the same general rules, but with people constantly attacking you, but the times seemed a lot more generous. I actually managed to finish the last Fugitive mission on my third attempt with an S-rank (I died on the first two runs so got no rank at all). Not too shabby.

I then started to run through the rest of the single player missions and am pretty much right at the end. I have a couple of interlinking missions to do before I can take on the bosses of each gang which stupidly requires a different save game for each. As once you kill one of them the story follows a set path, so you have to go back to an old save and select a different boss until you have all three achievements. Stupid really. Once they are out of the way I'll have a couple more tasks before finally getting the full 1k.

Frankly the story mode is amazingly short and, if it weren't for the side missions, the whole game could probably be done in less than 10 hours easily.

Still I'm happy to have it on the verge of completion and then I can move onto something shony and new. Boo yah!

No comments: