Tuesday, May 26, 2009

150k whoop whoop!

Well, I finally hit another milestone over the weekend but it doesn't seem to hold the joy or significance that I felt when I hit 100k even though it probably should. I think the problem now is that so many people have hit over 100k that it is becoming somewhat old hat - and the next big milestone has become 200k.

Just a quick browse down my friends list shows how common 100k is, and there are a significant number of people already well on their way to 200k. It's a shame really as hitting another 50,000 points should be something to celebrate rather than a mere stepping stone. Ah well, such is life.

The tally was finally reached through a combination of Bionic Commando and Hot Wheels. I actually really enjoyed Commando though I'm not looking forward to my second run through on the hardest difficulty. You can check out my review (on the right) but I'll just say now that the game is a lot of fun just let down be some dodgy swinging mechanics at times along with some dubious instant death issues in terms of radiation and water that can kill you just be being knee deep in it for too long. Nice. I'm hoping to finish up all of the challenges and collectables this week and then move onto Commando difficulty next - hopefully that will prove to be easier than I'm being led to believe.

Hot Wheels is just flat out boring at the moment. The game itself is kind of amusing but having to replay the same tracks and challenges three times over has gotten old fast. I've polished off Easy and Medium thus far and I'm ready to get cracking on Hard this week. I've managed to get all bar three of the flames on offer from the those difficulties too, so I can now afford to miss a ton of secondary goals on Hard whilst still geting enough flames from just winning to tip me over the required number for the Beat That rank.

Hopefully I can finish that crap off this week at some point as I really hate driving games and, even though this is a fairly fun arcadey one, it is still tiresome.

Every point I get on it is edging me closer to that elusive 90% completion too - though Bionic Commando kind of hit that a bit once I started it. I think the full 1k in that game will be fairly straightforward though, so it should not be a problem for long.

1 comment:

ThrawnOmega said...

I think a lot of the people at the top are forgetting how exclusive a club that still is. Anyone with a 100k gamerscore is in the top 1% of all Xbox Live gamers. Get into the 150s and higher and you're probably the top 1/2 of 1%. Those scores are, and continue to be, insanely high, but since the people who get that high tend to all know each other to some extent, it seems less impressive, since they're comparing themselves to their achievement hunting compatriots and not the rest of the world. 99.5% of XBL gamers still think 100k is godlike, or that you need a life =P