Monday, May 11, 2009

Best laid plans........

Well so much for me going back to Wheelman and Project Sylpheed. While I was out at the weekend my lady stumbled across a copy of You're in the Movies (with camera) for only £14.95. I've been trying to avoid the game to be honest due to the potentially glitchy achievements and the fact I hate jumping around like a fool when playing games (Wii anyone? NO!).

Still I could hardly say no as she puts up with all of the crap I play, so it's only fair. Plus we do tend to have an inordinate amount of fun when we play games together which is sadly a bit of a rare occurence nowadays. We then spent an afternoon playing through a few movies until I could take no more - mainly because I was physically shattered, ha ha!

I did manage to snag the online achivement on Puzzle Quest (thanks to Thrawn) to finish that badboy off, and I have made some progress on Wheelman. I've managed to finish off 69 side missions to rank S but then needed to progress the story to open up some more. I did a few main missions to open up the rest of the city and then spent some time mopping up all of the cinematic jumps. Next up I'll hunt down the 100 lion statues before going back and mopping up the rest of the side missions.

Hopefully they won't be too much effort - as I find the Rampage, Contracts, Fugitive and Hot Potato missions fairly easy. Though the Taxi and Made to Order ones can be a nuisance at times.

Another spanner was thrown in the works (but in a good way) as we also went back to play Looney Toons: Acme Arsenal in co-op last night. Been a while since I played this game and it's one of the few on my tag that I wanted to go back and tidy up. Managed to get the last co-op combo achievement done along with a few others. So I just need to finish off the game, do the three speedruns, get the solo combo achievements and tidy up a few loose ends. Then that will be another game in the bag. Boo yah!

So my curent playlist looks like this:

Looney Toons: Acme Arsenal (hopefully finish this week)
The Wheelman (side missions will be a pain, hope to get all statues found this week)
You're in the Movies (just playing for fun for now)

Once I complete something then Silent Hill will replace it on the list, so hopefully that will happen this week at some point.

No comments: