Monday, May 18, 2009

BATTLESTATIONS......

Battlestations Pacific is my latest review and my initial impressions of the game are quite good. It's an action/strategy title and one that occupies a fairly empty niche in terms of competition. The whole thing looks and runs a bit better than its predecessor, not to mention the fact that the game ups the ante in terms of scale and available units.

My one negative thus far would be the fact that, for people with low levels of patience, the game may well be a tough nut to crack. Personally I like a bit of strategy and enjoy games that build up gradually until you have a full grasp of everything at your disposal. I appreciate that this will not be everyones cup of tea though.

Because of some rather weighty online achievements I'll be playing this game on my backup account - as even though I like it, I can't see the online community being large enough to sustain any kind of assault on the online points. I may well give it a chance at 1k one day, but I want to go back and complete the first game before that.

No comments: