Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ticking over

Well, I've pretty much finished my latest review for Battlestations: Pacific and it should be up on x360a.org fairly soon (today hopefully) if you fancy a read.

Overall I really enjoyed the game, but the initial learning curve will be a bit much for more casual players. If it takes you a few hours just to get used to the controls and strategy then are you really making the game accessible enough? I don't think so, but hopefully the game will find its niche as it has plenty about it to recommend. A good length set of campaigns, plenty of units and just plain fun in terms of dog-fighting and the like.

I've also finished off the first set of races on Hot Wheels - so just three more groups to polish off on the Easy difficulty and then I can repeat the whole process again on Medium and Hard. What fun! The game is actually not too bad, but having to repeat the same races/goals three times is pretty stupid.

On the plus side I only need to get 720/780 of the flames for the full 1k. Meaning I can miss 60 of the side goals on my way to completing the game. I plan on pretty much maxing out the easy and medium difficulties so I will need less replays on the tougher mode. Hopefully it all goes to plan.

I've also gone back to Scene It: BOS in a bid to get the full 1250 on that. Once these two are out of the way I'll only have NBA Ballers in the 'easy but unfinished' bracket on my 360. So I'll get that done next. Then I'll have no choice but to play something tough, bring the noise.

No comments: