Monday, July 19, 2010

Changing targets

Well I managed to polish off Toy Story 3 over the weekend, though sadly I couldn't put any time into either Halo 3 or Lego Harry Potter so those will juct be ongoing projects as and when I can get people together. At least the last few missions on Toy Story were nice and easy though I thought the game had glitched on me at one point, on the very last Gold Star too, until I spotted a task I had missed. Dumb ass. So that minor moment of stress aside it was an easy run to 1k and fairly enjoyable to boot

I also started my Insane/Co-op run on GOW 2 as I've decided to do it solo, using two pads on spilt screen mode, to save on the hassle of finding a reliable partner or forcing someone who has already slogged through the game to revisit it. So far, so good, as I've managed to get through pretty much all of the first two acts by myself. I may need the assistance of my lady on the part where *SPOILER* you have to run through the inside of a giant worm being chased by its last meal. Not sure I could negotiate that bit solo. Same rules may apply to some of the later boss fights but we shall see. Once I finish that run I will only have the eleven additional Horde mode achievements left to get - so it will be time to form some kind of super team and go for it.

I'm also going to break off from any new games and revisit Fallout 3, as I've only spent a small amount of time on the PC version, and hopefully play the game from start to finish. I have an upcoming hands on with the sequel (New Vegas) so want to be as up to speed as possible. Plus, it's a cracking game so it is really win win. Hurrah!

No comments: