Thursday, July 15, 2010

91%

That would be a good mark on an exam right? Ha ha, well my completion is creeping ever upwards and I'm trying to balance playing newer gamers with older stuff to keep it that way.

I ticked off a few more achievements on Gears 2 and Halo 3, though I still have things to do on both but Halo in particular is pretty much done now just a few more achievements and then a couple of zero pointers and it will be in the bag. Gears 2 will probably stew for a while unless I can find a team of people ready to do all the horde stuff with me. I have to do at least two maps to level 50 and a bunch to level 10, 20, 30 and 40 so it will be a solid weeks worth of work methinks. Then I need to go back and go Insane difficulty and co-op, ugh!

Still it would be awesome to get those two 1750 point games wrapped up sooner rather than later so I'll try and push the boat out, my plan is to get all of the points on Halo 3 this weekend so fingers crossed that I can make it happen.

In other news I've finished up my Singularity review, the game was truly entertaining if a little crappy in places. You will have probably seen it all before as it does like to borrow ideas from far and wide but is fun nonetheless. Though after seeing the multiplayer boosting required I decided to give it a miss in terms of my own tag - as this year alone has seen me conquer Gears 1 and 2 - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! The next online multiplayer game I work on is likely to some time away, ha ha! This is where having four back up tags comes in handy (one of them my girlfriends and the others for boosting).

Next up was Toy Story 3, which landed in the States a month or so ago but is only gracing our fair shores this week. As a kids game it is actually pretty solid, although the story is amazingly short. Thankfully the Toy Box mode gives it the fun and longevity factor, though some of the missions get a bit repetitive and you will get sick of collectables soon enough. I've pretty much completed it all with the exception of the last few Gold Stars and Pictogram missions which should be an hour or twos work at most.

I'm also hopeful of polishing off Lego Harry Potter this week too. I've been playing it with my better half and we have chalked off all of the collectables in Hogwarts and now just have to replay the levels to find all the missing crests, characters and bricks to finish it off. Boo yah!

Then I'll have a month off from reviews (hopefully) as nothing big lands until August. Not to mention the fact I'll be in Cologne at Gamescom too, so that will require a wealth of writing for previews and such. In the interim I will concentrate on mopping up some games and maybe even starting something new. Good times.

No comments: