Monday, July 05, 2010

Broken promises

But in the best way possible.......

After saying I would stick to my guns, and my rank of 50, in Gears of War 2 I managed to completly buckle under the pressure of 8x experience. With an offer like that how could I possible refuse?

So I managed to accomplish in five nights (a couple during 6x experience and three during 8x experience) what has taken more ardant players months of time and effort. I got to level 100 late last night with probably less than 30 hours of online play all told. Sadly the achievement has only put me at 780 points in the game as I still haven't done the single player, Insane difficulty, co-op, the deleted scene and all of the horde stuff added by the various DLC packs. I'm hoping to get the other 'online' only stuff done this week (namely 10 meatflags and guardian wins) and then focus on horde. I'll leave single player until last methinks.

With that little gem wrapped up - though I fancy that the achievement will become more common than muck considering how often these gargantuan XP events seem to be getting rolled out - I can move back to finishing off some other things I've left by the wayside.

This week I'm hoping to finish off Halo 3 and L4D if at all possible, two games that have been sat around for a good while now. It would be nice if I could cut down my number of uncompleted titles to less than 20 come year end (including arcade titles) so I'll endeavour to do everything I can to make that happen.

2 comments:

MajinFro said...

Have you done the Annex achievement? if not I am going to put a group together to get it done.

jackanape said...

Yeah - I got the Annex stuff done. Just need all the Horde achievements now and then I'll be pretty much done.