Friday, June 05, 2009

Things to do.

Inspired by Thrawn, I figured I could write a few articles and such like about gaming in general and exactly what I am up to in my role as a reviewer and what not. I don't think my opinion is any more valid than anyone elses (as games can be entirely subjective) but at least it will give me something to keep my mind busy.

Potential topics right now include the following: Points vs Completion, Tough 1k's: what is the point?, The Review Procedure and Girls in Gaming (why the big deal?). The first two topics have really been done to death and always stir up the controversy but I would like to wax lyrical and let people know where I stand really. I'm sure you don't give a rats ass, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I'd also like to talk a bit about how the x360a review team works (no juicy gossip I'm afraid) and talk about how I approach games that I'm about to review. Not to mention a few choice observations for those people who think I'm in any way a) paid b) bribed by companies c) biased.

The girl gamers thing has also been done to death, but I did read an article a month or so ago that was little more than an attack on women in general (passed off as a gaming article). It surprised me that people still thought that way as I just assumed the gals were part of the group now. Do people still see them as a little niche or what? Certainly there seems to have been less pink peripherals and Barbie games thrust upon us (outside of the DS) so maybe there is hope.

Any questions, comments or input anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'll be trying to chat to everyone I can who may be relevant to each and every topic and hope to get something interesting to say about them all. For that reason I'll probably start yakking on about reviews first as that requires the least outside input. Bring the noise.

2 comments:

ThrawnOmega said...

Always happy to be an inspiration in some form or another =) Looking forward to seeing how your review process differs from mine (if they're different).

MilitaryGamer said...

looking forward to reading your thoughts on these topics.