Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Glitches and completions

First of all let me revoke some of the nice things I said about Virtua Tennis 09. It's still a good game, don't get me wrong, but the number of glitches that have turned up since I did the review seems to be ridiculous.

I played over 100 matches (online and off) when it came to doing the review and never really came across any issues at all. Since then a number of problems have cropped up, the entire court disappeared during one match, during another everything went black barring the players (it was like playing in space), further to that there have been reported glitches with people getting stuck at a certain rank on the Pro tour and not being allowed to advance further, or reaching number one and the achievement not unlocking. Also, while playing I would inexplicably skip two weeks of the tour for no apparent reason, meaning I missed events that I wanted to play in, other events like the advanced sponsorship ones have a habit of not turning up at all. Clearly these are some potentially game breaking flaws and, while SEGA have promised a patch, it really is not good enough to let a game like this ship with such amazing issues.

I can only hope that the patch arrives fairly soon and sorts out these problems. If I get screwed over in the Pro tour and lose 30 odd hours of gameplay then I'm gonna be pissed.

On to the topic of completions and I seem to be in something of a lull right now. In April I managed to finish off an impressive six games, another seven fell in May as well (some of these were already partially complete mind you). Yet here I am, halfway through June without a single game done. It's pretty piss poor.

Hopefully I can change that be polishing off Leisure Suit Larry, and Wallace and Gromit will be easy enough too. After that I really don't know. Bionic Commando is doable but I haven't played it in ages and Virtua Tennis is likely to take me months to finish off. My best hope really is that I get sent something nice and easy when I finally get Larry done - as I have Night at the Museum, Terminator Salvation, Fable 2 (DLC needed) and Wolverine at the top of my list. A couple of those could really kick start me. I really want to get up to 160k by the end of July/August so something needs to be done.

There is always Damnation as well, plus maybe some online Splinter Cell. So hopefully I can sort myself out and get shit done. Fingers crossed.

Plus, I need to catch up with Apple in the 200k quest so that Fro buys me a game. It's not gonna happen but a guy can dream can't he?

2 comments:

JJBDude said...

Boo to the negative attitude, I'm sure you could win if you put your heart in to it! ha.

Crazy about tennis game, shocking glitches they are.

NJC Omega said...

Play Fable as a treat while playing Terminator and Night at the Museum. The utter fail of these games is more than cringe worthy. Thankfully they offer a combined gaming time of 6 hours. Check out the Easy glitch in Terminator when your doing it, makes things much quicker and easier, I'm raging I didn't see it till after it was done.