Monday, June 15, 2009

Ongoing quest.

Well I started playing Damnation and the game is decidedly average, at times you can see exactly what they were trying to do but then you'll hit something annoying and any good work will be lost in an instant. I wasn't planning on putting it on my tag, despite forking out £25 for a copy so I could review it, but I may well change my mind.

Cru has said she might do the co-op with me, and if I can get that hurdle out of the way it wouldn't be too bad. As even mediocre games can be entertaining in co-op. Plus, the multiplayer achievements aren't too bad either - though they do need 4 players. So we shall see whether I can be tempted into getting the 1k.

Back to the list of games I have chosen to play and, worryingly, Leisure Suit Larry is top of the list. Normally I'd steer clear of this crap but it got shipped to me from my rental company so I feel compelled to complete it. My progress was halted when the original copy stopped working but the replacement seems just fine. So I plunged back into the game and made some progress. I'm up to 72/100 collectables and am about half way through the quests such as they are. Once I'm done and dusted with the game I'll then need a second speed run but the main story is actual pretty short once you skip the cut-scenes.

I've also made more progress on my Virtua Tennis 09 career. I am now the #1 ranked Amateur and am just endeavoring to unlock all the courts I can at this point. I've pretty much done all of the specific shot (volleys, lobs etc) achievements too. So now I can focus on the Pro tour and Davis Cup. Plus, unlocking the rest of the play styles, buying clothes, doing academy missions and the ranked online stuff. It's a long road ahead.

I have finally determined that I will need to score 6k out of my outstanding 22k worth of points (for games already on my tag) in order to break the 90% complete mark. It's a lot more than I was actually expecting, but I can get 1.4k from finishing Larry and Bionic Commando, another 640 from NBA Ballers, 940 (hopefully) from Project Sylpheed, 450 (for one run through) on Lost Planet, 100 from Wallace and Gromit, 530 from Hellboy, 600 (or so) from Spiderman 3, 200 more from Virtua Tennis 09, 500 from GOW 2 - then the remaining 600 or so points from a mix of NHL 09, You're in the Movies, C&C Kanes Wrath, Bladestorm, PDZ or whatever.

I have more than enough easy points to get the job done to be honest so it will just come down to actually sitting down and getting this stuff done. All of these points will also only net me about five or six more completions too. Not to mention my quest is dependant upon steering clear of too many other new games, unless I know I can get them done fairly easily.

3 comments:

JJBDude said...

If you do decide to play Damnation you may well be hindering your prospect of getting towards 90% completion (due to the 4 person multiplayer achievements you spoke of) haha. :P

Good luck. :)

Deez Apples said...

Take every opportunity you have to play Co-Op with Cru. Trust me, it's a blast.

I hear Leisure Suit Larry literally makes you not want to play games anymore, just be careful when you put it in your tray. ;)

jackanape said...

Leisure Suit Larry is not that bad. Sure it is a god awful game, but I really do feel that I've played much worse. Ha ha! My standards are slipping.