Thursday, June 04, 2009

Reviews and such

Should hopefully have my latest musings on Virtua Tennis 2009 and Red Faction: Guerrilla up on x360a either today or tomorrow. I enjoyed both games for different reasons, though Virtua didn't really bring anything new to the table which was a bit of a shame.

Red Faction is something a bit unusual and was plenty of fun to play. The game is just about blowing stuff up really and that is no bad thing. I've refrained from playing it on my own tag though because the online points are just too much of a drag. It upsets me when a good singleplayer experience is dragged down by an over abundance of online achievements. Plus, I'm going for 90% completion at the moment so could do without something as long winded as that 1k. I may well go back to it in the future though, but for now it is languishing on my GF's card - yet another example of why a back up account is handy.

On the plus side, I really would not mind going back through the game again, as blowing up everything in sight will never get old. EVER.

I'll post up the links once they are up on the main site.

Now I can get back to Bionic Commando and try to climb ever higher up the Virtua Tennis rankings, the single player is a real grind though.

2 comments:

NJC Omega said...

Just found your Blog yesterday and I have really enjoyed reading it(even the funny sarcastic posts from 2005 ha). Great job on your reviews thus far, they have helped me pick games and also avoid them like a spreading rash! Quick question, I was wondering how the reviewers at x360a decide who gets to review each game?

jackanape said...

Reviews work in a weird way. As we have US and UK based guys. So if we get a review copy then it depends on what region it is for as to who will review it. We still don't get many freebies though so it will come down to who is willing to buy/rent the games. I bought BS: Pacific to review for example. If people have a preference for certain games then we are pretty flexible - I may do a blog on it now you've got me thinking.