Friday, June 19, 2009

Another one (nearly) bites the dust

Well, Leisure Suit Larry is pretty much done with now. I only need to finish off my speed run for the final achievement and then I can send the game back and hopefully get something equally God awful (and easy) to replace it with. I've dashed through the game and have reached the last dreamscape sequence with less than three and a half hours played, considering I have an eight hour time limit to play with and only a couple more missions to do it is safe to say that it should be plain sailing from here.

This will be retail completion 135 (or maybe 136?) so I'm clawing my way up to 150 which is my target for the year. I doubt there are many systems that I can claim to have completed so many games on, except maybe the Spectrum 128k, so it will be a great milestone.

I've also spent a bad part of the week with Damnation which is a fairly shocking game all round to be honest, so many sloppy issues and out right glitches that I have to wonder who exactly was testing the game in the first place. The review should be up on x360a soon, but I doubt people will be waiting for it with bated breath. My only problem now is that I'm going to be playing through the whole thing again (on my main account this time) with Cru, ha ha! Well she is a glutton for punishment as the game sucks, but she did go out and pick up a copy especially for me so let the good times roll.

Now that I've finished with yet another bad game and an equally duff review I think I'll go back to Bionic Commando and finish that bad boy off. I really like the game so at least it won't be a chore. Then it's gonna be NBA Ballers - ugh!

I think in the interim I will have to endeavour to write one of those articles that I promised a few weeks ago. Let us see what takes my fancy and then go from there. Boo yah!

1 comment:

MajinFro said...

hahah sucker. you played LSL. my god such a horrible game.