Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Fluctuating performance

Every time I edge closer to 90% completion I seem to throw another couple of games onto my card and ruin it. This time out I've put Virtua Tennis and Leisure Suit Larry (the shame) onto my profile and they have dragged me back under 88% again.

Virtua will be something of a long term project as the number of games required just to finish off the single player is a ludicrous amount. Whereas I was hoping to finish Larry off over the weekend but the disc proved to be unreadable once I hit a certain point of the game so had to be shipped back to the rental company. A replacement is on the way as I type this so hopefully that one can be done and dusted in a couple of weeks tops.

I really want to go back to Bionic Commando fairly soon too, as I'm amazingly close to getting that one polished off (regardless of the fact I only have half of the points). It is pretty much stacked towards the end game - with three completion achievements (for difficulty), one for the last boss and a couple for all collectables/challenges done. So I've actually got all the smaller stuff out of the way which is nice.

Even getting these three games complete, or near enough, will probably not be enough so then I'll go back and start playing the two biggest culprits in my tag: Project Sylpheed (60 points) and Spiderman 3 (10 points). As getting them up to about 700 points each should be worth 1% on its own.

Bring the pain.

No comments: