Monday, June 14, 2010

Well that was fast.......

After starting A-Train HX last week I managed to finish it off within 48 hours. It's been a while since I played something so quick and easy so it rather took me by surprise. Especially as the game is a city building simulator which are normally a real time sink. Luckily though there was a fairly quick way to accumulate money and get all of the various tasks done so it was a breeze.

The game itself looked truly awful, I mean real last gen stuff, and it didn't really draw me in as similar games have (like Tropico 3). It was a nice distraction for a day or so but no more than that. If you can find it cheap then give it a go - though be prepared to learn the controls as they can be a real pain at times.

After that I went back to Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. I was playing it with my lovely lady, which is to say that I was playing it and she was planning what pinata and items we would need for the challenges - then scanning the images in accordingly. I would normally feel bad about such a short cut but frankly it still took an inordinate amount of time and I really didn't get into the sequel as much as I did the original. So the thought of attracting and breeding pinatas for hours on end really didn't appeal. After a weekend of labour we had everything done except for the 4 player online co-op - which I can hopefully get a posse together for shortly (or else rent another copy myself).

After that I think I'll go back to Halo 3 and mop up the single player achievements I can manage and then I may well devote some time to Gears 2 this week while it is 6x XP. I only plan to get to level 50 and do everything barring Veteran Gear. So hopefully I can make that happen.

I'm also going to get cracking on L4D (hurray) and Dante's Inferno DLC too. Bring on the pain.

No comments: