Friday, June 04, 2010

I hate Pure Football

Maybe that's a little harsh, ha ha!

Still the game is starting to really drag on and wear me down, though part of my problem is the fact I've only just figured out the best way to unlock specific players in the campaign. I've just finished the second of the three required campaign completions (attacker, midfielder, defender) and the last few games were me trying to target specific players to snag. Considering there is an achievement for unlocking EVERY player you can see my frustration.

With (hopefully) one campaign left I have about 33 players to still unlock out of the roughly 200 on offer, so I am still well on target. The real problem with some of these players are the unlock conditions - as trying to get 12 tackles in a three minute match is nigh on impossible and that particular requirement is tacked onto pretty much every decent defender. It is also a pain to get certain players to pop up and to do so you generally need your created player at around the same level OR to flood your team with already unlocked players of that nationality and hope for the best.

At worst I can start another campaign, on Easy difficulty, and just blitz through playing only the teams I need but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. On the plus side I will hopefully be done with the game as a whole by the end of the weekend - depending on how much time I get to spend on it.

For all those looking at the list and thinking it is an easy 1k - don't bother - this game is probably about 5 hours for 700 points and then 30-40 hours for the rest. Bah!

No comments: