Monday, May 17, 2010

DLC shenanigans

As much as I hate DLC (and I do) I will often download it in order to finsh games off. Mainly due to the fact I managed to get a load of really cheap MS points that have been sat on my profile ever since, when you have 8k worth of the buggers then you get a little less choosy about what you will spend it on, ha ha!

The last few weeks have seen me finishing off a whole bunch of DLC for a variety of games. Kicking things off, literally, was FIFA 09 which was a total grind but strangely satisfying too. After that I focused on Annex mode in Gears and Versus mode in Resident Evil 5. Both of these were a major drag to get through and really didn't add anything to the game at all, but at least they are finally done.

Annex mode proved just how broken the maths are in Gears once again, as it didn't unlock until I'd done well over 100 games of Annex. Considering even the shortest match can take eight minutes then every extra game was a total chore. At least Resident Evil knows how to keep count and the achievement for the final mode unlocked right after 30 matches won - though at five minutes a match it became rapidly boring after a while. Still, two more games to throw on the completed pile for now - one at 1250 and one at a bizarre 1400.

I also finished off Damnation last week by playing it in co-op with my second machine. It was a breeze to be honest though it quickly reminded me of just how BAD that game was in the first place. I'm just glad I will never have to go back to it. THE NIGHTMARES.........

I then proceeded to pretty much wreck my chance of 90% achievement completion (and 180 games completed) before 200k by playing Halo 3. I went from a mere 805 points to a whopping 1505 in a few short hours by just doing all of the easy DLC stuff. I still have 24 achievements left on the game for a mere 245 points reward, which will be a bit of a grind but at least it will be one more thing done.

I dipped back into Star Wars Republic Heroes too and snagged a few more points. The game is fairly easy and repetitive, so I'm hoping to get it done soon but my hands are kind of tied by the fact I'm playing it in co-op with my lovely lady. So I only really play it when she wants to.

My quest to finish L4D seems, ironically, dead in the water. So I may have to arrange a boosting session with some randoms in order to get it done. Being one level away for so long is really starting to get annoying now so I really hope I can find some helpers.

Last up, and bouncing back to DLC, I started to new Bioshock 2 achievements. The DLC is poorly implemented as you can only play on new maps if everyone in a game has bought the content, as there are no specific play lists for the new stuff. It means the only way you can get two of the achievements (As I did) is bt boosting. The other 100 points are for using the Rebirth feature once you hit level 50 - which I am close to attaining. Yet more DLC done and was it really worth it? Nah........

No comments: