Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The 200k borefest post

Seeing as I've hit another major milestone it seems only fair (in my eyes) to punish you all with a dull and lengthy post about how this all came about - possibly with a few thank you nods and winks along the way. As anyone over 100k will tell you, it is impossible to get there without some help from your firends along the way - mainly due to the sheer amount of co-op and multiplayer achievements that are out there.

Once again my planning has failed spectatcularly. As, with a bit of research, I could have hit 200k on the same day (two years later) that I hit 100k, sadly it is only by looking back now that I realised I had hit 100k on May 6th 2008. Still just over two years is not too shabby in my eyes, as even Stallion 'only' gets 100k a year so for me to be hitting half of that is pretty solid especially as I'm a bit more casual about gaming in general.

Here is how my stats looked at 100k:

100,012 / 116,870
84/114 Retail games completed
3/10 Arcade games completed
84.06% completion
61st in the U.K
137th Worldwide completion
441st Worldwide leaderboard

First 1000: Call of Duty 2 (March 2006)
Last 1000: The Darkness (May 2008)

Here they are now:

200,082 / 222,160*
178 / 206 Retail games completed
22 / 28 Arcade games completed (including Family Game Night)
89.67% Completion (achievements earned)*
90.06% Completion (points earned)*
35th in the U.K
75th Worldwide completion
210th Worldwide leaderboard

*All of these stats include DLC

So I have a bigger chunk of score outstanding now, but a few less retail and arcade games outstanding. My completion ratio has shot up nicely too which was my main goal plus I'm higher up the rankings - though that may have more to do with a purge on cheaters by a number of sites then any effort on my part.

I've managed 94 retail completions in this 100k too which is not too shabby, plus 19 arcade completions too. Obviously some of those games may have been started during my initial 100k so I cannot honestly say that I've acquired 97,800 points from solely completing games. Throw some DLC into the mix and I have no idea what the hell has been acquired an when.

What I can say is that this 100k has included a lot more in the way of tougher completions and games I actually wanted to play too. Things like Call of Duty 3, Rainbow Six Vegas and Gears of War all tested my resolve when it came to multiplayer. While titles like Bayonetta, Bioshock 2 and Darksiders all gave me hours of joy. I think I've had a good mix of challenging titles and top notch games, though there has obviously been the odd easy title like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs etc. I've also tried to manage my review titles fairly well - putting games on my card that I either enjoy or can blitz through, while using a backup account to review games I'm never going to want to see again (Planet 51 anyone?).

I now have 32 retail games with points still to attain (including DLC) and a mere 7 arcade titles in a similar vein. I don't count Chromehounds, Madden 07 or Family Game Night on these lists as they have unattainable achievements.

A list of thanks would be in order for sure and includes a lot fo people who have busted their asses to help me out over time:

My fiance - the only reason I can still play games is down to her patience. She puts up with me playing all hours and all manner of crap and even let me get a second console to make things easier on myself. She is also my co-op buddy for all LEGO games and any other games that take her fancy. If you are wondering why I haven't completed Beautiful Katamari or Viva Pinata 2 yet it is because I cannot play them without her present, ha ha!

Rich x360a - first and foremost amongst my friends list. The guy who has helped me play more online games than anyone I know. After soldiering through Army of Two together (before that cheap glitch for easy cash reared its head) we have gone on to boost all manner of games, though most notable being Rainbow Six Vegas and Gears of War - both of which took more time than I can imagine.

elSmitmyster - my other Gears of War cronie, though he will go down in infamy for telling that damn woodpecker joke. Also the guy who finally helped me finish off Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal - a true legend.

The Pr0fessional, x Golden 1 x and Method x360a - the other members of the Gears group that went through the horror of boosting at all hours of the day. Sadly the first two dropped out after a few months and Method joined us when we were nearly done and he was just starting - still he must have enjoyed our twelve hour marathon that garnered us all 1k worth of kills.

Webb x360a - my editor and evil overseer. The man that supplies me with a seemingly endless supply of average games to review, still it keeps me sane. He also witnessed my appalling aiming skills when we did Pro difficulty on Resi 5, I swear that no one killed the brainwashed Jill more than I did. I apologise profusely. We also slogged through the majority of Operation Flashpoint together.

Cru x360a - a party chat is always more fun when Crubie is involved, especially when the discussion takes in Leprechaun movies. We always seem to play terrible games together, with COD 3 and Damnation being obvious examples. Sorry about that Cru but at least you beat me in the GSL. She also has the dubious honour of lending me My Horse and Me 2.

Creech x360a - the reset king. We had the chance to play together on SupCom and HAWX which was a fun time, though don't even bother sending him a message when he is playing a strategy game, I did and got a ONE LETTER response. I kid you not. Also the man responsible for cleaning up all of those cheaters.

The Pants Party - to give him his formal title. He totally beat me to completing The Last Remnant but at least I beat him to 200k, though that may have more to do with his studies than my skills. Always the forum and RPG go to guy.

Stallion, Fro, Apple and Rand - the hardcore legends. People who have helped me and had help from me on any number of games and always provide the laughs in any party gathering. I'm sure they would much rather spend their time calling each other nubs and boosting any old crap than reading this waffle.

The rest - ha ha, don't feel bad to be in this category. I've just realised how long I've been rambling on really. I've been helped and had help from so many people over the years. So many games played and completed that it would be hard for me to not thank everyone. My friends list is quite short (only 50 people) and its because I only keep people on there if I speak to them regularly or play games with them. Kudos to you all and thanks for all of your help.

No comments: