Thursday, May 27, 2010

After 200k

Well now that the excitement is over I suppose it is back to business as usual. To be honest after I hit 100k I told myself I would stop playing as many crappy game and it was true to a point, though I still cannot resist playing something for a quick 1k. At least I only rent those crappy games now though, and stick to buying the high quality stuff, so it means that I am limited to how much dross I can play at any one time.

With 300k so far away I don't really have any immediate goals as such, perhaps 250k by the end of the year but even that isn't really set in stone. So for now I will just push onwards and tidy up my card a bit as I still have a medley of games outstanding that I could do with getting back to.

At the moment I've been spending time finishing off Scene It: BOS but it appears to have glitched on me for the last regular achievement - answering 10 50's movie questions correctly. I have been keeping a tally since I recommenced playing the game and I'm well over ten already, meaning I'll have to wipe my save and start anew which is a major chore. For now though I am trying to grind out 60 Best Picture questions on the Pop Quiz DLC as hopefully that will unlock as it should - no point deleting my save until that is done as it would mean more work in the long run.

After that I am determined to focus on L4D (assuming Smit ever gets sent a copy, ha ha) and get that bad boy done. I only need one Expert mode and about 25k worth of kills and then it will be done with, but I've been saying that for ages now - time to make good on that promise.

I'll also coerce Sam into helping me finish off Lego Star Wars and SW: Republic Heroes too, which will both be easy but lengthy co-op projects. Couple that with my upcoming assault on Halo 3 and there are a fair few things on my list, seems like for every game I complete there are two more waiting to take their place.

I think my main goal, as of now, is to get my outstanding games list (i.e those that I haven't completed the original 1k on) down to only 10-15 titles by the end of the year. So there we go, a new plan and one I should be able to see happen with a bit of patience.

Plenty of reviews recently too, with Splut/Second and UFC 2010 up in the last week (both certainly worth checking out if you haven't already) and now Pure Football on my doorstep today. Keeping me busy but also meaning less time to play the games I really want to - I totally need to get this writing gig on a professional level, ha ha!

Well, I'll try and make things a touch more interesting next time out - though I have noticed a major drop off in the number of people updating their blogs recently. Have gamers given up on reporting their shenanigans? I hope not.

1 comment:

JJBDude said...

You're practically the only person left doing their blog haha. Keep it up, I always enjoy reading. :)