Monday, February 08, 2010

A good week

Well after finishing up Family Game Night and NBA Live 07 last Sunday, I also managed to polish off Altered Beast, Golden Axe and Gauntlet this week. It was like a festival of arcade games which is most unlike me as I really can't stand most of them.

Gauntlet was especially pleasing as it has been on my card for nearly three years and I had kind of given up hope - however, with a little help from my friends I got all of the online stuff done and then sat down to plough through 100 levels of single player on Sunday morning. I was writing my review for Dante's Inferno at the same time so it was relatively painless.

The other two games really have not aged well at all. Both Beast and Axe are incredibly short and dull affairs and it always makes me wonder how I could have loved them so much back in the day - I guess it was just because I didn't know any better or have any other choice really. Still they were quick and easy completions so it's all good.

Dante's Inferno was an odd one. At first I toyed with the idea of putting it on my tag at all, as my giant list of list week had shown what a mammoth task I had to get to 90% and another uncomplete game would only make things worse. In the end I caved and slung it on there and I'm glad I did. The game is amazingly short and easy, and I romped to the full 1k in under ten hours. Having started it on Friday night it was done and dusted by Saturday. The review is already up (and linked over on the right) but I'll briefly summarise that it was a very good game but one that is far too short and straightforward to justify an outright purchase. Rent it and you won't be disappointed.

I also made a bit more progress on the Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops missions, having not played on it for a few weeks, and my friend and I managed to get another three missions out of the way. Leaving us with only three more to go. One of which is Wetworks - a level we got to the end of twice only for my friend to die each time. Yay! Ha ha, still at least the end is in sight. Then I just have the single player to get through - which shouldn't be an issue.

The same could be said of Bayonetta as I finally finished up all of the collectables and just need to do one more of the challenge portals, then I just have the hard difficulties to get through. Not much of a chore though as I loved the game.

In other news I am making steady progress in Lego Star Wars with my other half. We have fully completed all of the levels for the first two movies (barring the driving ones) and most of the third movie too. We have enough characters now to just hop into a level free play style after we have done it, allowing us to snag all of the minikits and so forth. Still a pretty long winded 1k though AND I'll need a hand to do a level online. What joy.

This week will be all about Bioshock 2 - and I still don't know whether I can be bothered tackling all of the online crap. Frankly adding multiplayer to that game is one of the worst decisions they could have ever made. Still we shall see how it pans out.

In Gears watch I am at about 3.8k worth of kills - so be the end of this week I hope to be approaching 5k. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

JJBDude said...

I was shocked when I saw you completed Dante's Inferno but congratulations to you for doing so!

NJC Omega said...

I think you just convinced me to rent Dante's Inferno this weekend thanks :). I gotta plough through Bioshock 1 before I can get onto 2! Sounds like you had a very good week though, congrats!