Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Don't f**k with a witch!

Well Bayonetta is finally finished and I have to say that I totally loved it from start to finish - normally games that require multiple runs through the same old levels really get on my nerves but this was the exception to the rule (along with WET, oddly, which I had to play through five times and never got bored of).

The game is just so much fun and the combo system is top drawer, the over the top dialogue just made me chuckle on numerous occasions as well. Some of the things Bayonetta comes out with are comedy gold. Once you complete the game you unlock a secret music video of sorts, which is Bayonetta bopping along suggestively and was hilarious. Even my girlfriend enjoyed watching it - it was that ridiculous. As a completion it was fairly easy, though you are looking at about 30 hours probably to get it all done. You can probably whittle that down a bit, as I spent some of my time just replaying levels for fun rather than for any real purpose.

I've also finally finished with Spec Ops on Modern Warfare 2 - my friend and I ran through two missions first time (the one with you lazing targets for a tank and the one where you clear the estate of snipers and juggernauts). We then got right to the end of Wetwork and promptly messed up the second breach. Nuts. Second time through was a different story and it was mission complete. Boo yah! Just need to do the single player and that will be yet another completion to add to my list. Good times.

Next up is Bioshock 2 which I approached with a sense of trepidation, having loved the original, but it blew me away with a rock solid single player and an online arena that was actually fairly fun. I know that some people have had issues with the game lagging and freezing but luckily I saw none of that. I'm hoping to boost up to Rank 40 this week (having got to Rank 10 legit along with all the other online achievements) and get that aspect over and done with. Mainly because I cannot see the online community lasting too long. Oh, and for anyone trying to grab a sister successfully online - good luck. I discovered to my cost that if you join a game in progress and catch the sister it doesn't count - so I actually grabbed her three times before my achievement popped. Phew!

I'm hoping to get some more time on Lego Star Wars with my better half too, in a bid to get that game done and dusted. As we haven't really played it much in the last week or so.

In Gears watch things have slowed down a bit and we only got a couple of sessions in last week, mainly due to Valentines Day wrecking havoc over the weekend as people had plans on different days. I'm over 4k in kills so hopefully I can push onto the halfway mark this week, but we shall see.

Luckily I have a week off at the start of March and there are a ton of games I really want to get done - things like L4D, NHL 09, Gears (annex), Operation Flashpoint, Damnation etc. So I'm going to see who is available and make a plan of attack - if I can shift some more games it would be truly awesome.

No comments: