Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tank traumas

Well I finished up WET this week and the game grew on me over time, at first it seemed that it was just a cheap imitation of Stranglehold and I wasn't too enamoured with it. But after playing through the game four times and finishing off all of the Boneyard challenges I can honestly say it was a lot of fun. Normally multiple playthroughs really start to get on my nerves but for some reason that wasn't the case here - in fact I'd often find myself chaining together high numbers of kills and acrobatic moves in the arenas when I really didn't need to. Ha ha, good times.

I also got together with a few friends to boost the new L4D DLC which didn't take much time at all. The only things I'm missing are completing the regular campaign (as Versus does not seem to count) and getting 4k more kills. The rest were fairly easy to set up and a lot of fun too. I really got into the game and it reminded me just how fun it was in the first place. The new campaign was hardly steallar though with a few choppy frame rate issues and scenery that looked far too familiar. Still for what it cost I would certainly recommend it. Now I just need to go back and get that last bloody campaign done on Expert.........

I also started playing through The Maw for something different, and the game is a lot of fun. It could certainly have made it into a full retail title if it had been fleshed out a lot more and had a bit more money chucked at it. My only main concern is the fact you seemingly cannot die so there is no real challenge. Still a cowardly, jelly like blob is always good for a few laughs.

Finally, Need for Speed: Shift..............

I don't really like it.

No comments: