Thursday, September 24, 2009

New games and slipping targets

I just noticed that my proposed goal of 90% completion is coming up at the end of this month and there is no way I'm going to hit it. This is mainly down to the number of new games I've been playing (mainly for the purpose of reviews) and the fact I haven't been able to finish them all off.

I have reassessed the situation and changed my target to a whopping 92% by the end of the year. A pretty big ask but one I think I'm capable of, plus it would mean my score was high enough to stay above 90% every time I started a new game. So hopefully that will be the case.

The end of the year promises to be a busy one though as there are a rash of games incoming. Halo: ODST turned up on my doorstep on Tuesday and I had totally forgotten that I had even ordered it. The game is meant to be fairly easy though so no big deal on getting it done hopefully, I'll just need to rope in some co-op partners in a bid to romp through the story. I've also got all of the Halo 3 maps now so maybe I should go back and work on that somemore. I only have 800 points in the game and haven't even played it since a couple of months after it first came out.

Still - that is all for the future. This week I am desperate to finish off L4D or at least get a good chunk of the work out of the way, it seems that some new DLC with achievements may well be on its way so I would like to have the original 1k done with before it lands. I can but hope. I've also got a copy of Fable 2 heading my way so I will be able to polish off the two DLC packs in short order (hopefully) and that will be something else done with. I'm also hopeful of finishing off WET fairly soon, as I romped through the challenges (which were not very challenging) and just need to run through the game a couple more times to be pretty much done.

With a ton of upcoming reviews, games on pre-order and a massive back catalogue of unfinished work I'm sure I'll be plenty busy for the forseeable future.

No comments: