Monday, September 21, 2009

Another big gap

Yet again I seem to have been AWOL for a couple of weeks, no particular reason behind it this time but I have been swamped over the last week.

Strangely I actually had the week off from work but that didn't neccessarily equate to more time spent gaming sadly. First I had to clear the garden of a bunch of chopped down conifer trees - sounds easy right? Unfortunately these bad boys happened to be 17 feet tall and numbered about twenty. It took us about ten hours to load them up into a car and shuttle the crap up to the recycling plant - I can't even remember how many trips we did in the end but I was shattered afterwards.

The fun didn't stop there though as we also redecorated our large spare room, which has been little more than a dumping ground since we could afford for our last lodger to move out. So we had to move all the furniture we no longer needed then repaint all of the walls and the door. I then spent a whole day building all of the new furniture which included a big old rocking chair, three big bookshelves, two large CD towers and a TV table. Fun times. It looks amazing now though and the CD shelves in particular are ace - as the alternate CD's (well, duh) and a bunch of random things including fun cups, Final Fantasy figures and cute plush Totoro toys all the way from Studio Ghibli in Japan. Yaaay, for geeky spirit.

In between all of that I found time to review two games: namely WET and Mini Ninjas. I enjoyed both for different reasons. WET was good old fashioned fun, though a touch too similar to Stranglehold for my liking, and is definitely worth a rent at the very least - though it lacks the legs to justify a full blown purchase. Mini Ninjas is a great family game, but only a decent one for hardcore gamers who will have seen it all before. It's certainly cute and fun but a tad too simple and repetitive. I'll stick the links up when I get a minute.

I totally failed to finish off any of the games I had wanted to - and adding a couple of new ones didn't help my completion percentage any either. On the plus side I did get the full 1k for Mini Ninjas and also for Ice Age, which turned up from Lovefilm, as both were short and straight forward. WET still needs a lot of work as I need to get weapons kills, Ultra Hard mode, all the challenges to Gold etc etc so that may drop onto the back burner for a while.

I did manage to complete one of the four scenarios on L4D on Expert (thanks to Omega for the help) but now need to polish off the other three, which I'm desperate to do. I also still need 44 Yahtzee wins and 16 Battleship wins to finish off Family Game Night - ugh! Completing Castle Crashers was a lot more fun and now I just need the online points and a couple of other random tasks to be done with it. My last niggle is Damnation and I need to bug Cru about it so we can sit down and finish it off - I blame myself for ignoring the game but it is truly woeful. WOEFUL I TELLS YA!

Such things may have to wait though as Raven Squad is my next review, so I'll be needing a co-op partner no doubt. Plus there are a bunch of other games due out fairly soon so I will have very little time on my hands it would seem. My 90% completion target is looking like a forlorn hope at the moment.

No comments: