Monday, October 05, 2009

GSL and random musings

Yes, it would appear that another GSL looms large on the horizon. This time around the event is being restricted to Subscribers and Staff on x360a in a bid to stave off a lot of the drama that usually attaches itself to such an event. Will the plan work? I guess time will tell.

I am actually taking part but only as part of a very casual team alongside a few likeminded (and lazy) individuals. Cru will be on my team so it will give me a chance to boost some stuff with her in the name of keeping out team semi competitive. I don't expect to win, I don't even expect to finish anywhere but the bottom - but it should be good fun.

Review wise thigs are really hotting up. I have just finished off my write up of the Crash Course DLC for L4D - which may well be one of the most disappointing DLC purchases I've ever made. Next up I will be starting on Risen and FIFA 10, both of which have been shipped out to me but have yet to arrive for some reason. I've ordered NHL 10 too in a bid to get that badboy written up once I have a chance. With a bucketload of titles on the way in the upcoming weeks I will probably wreck my card and my completion percentage to boot. Oh well, at least it will ensure I play some good quality titles.

On a personal note I have been dedicating my time to finishing off Need for Speed Shift. Even though I don't particularly enjoy the game it is fairly easy. I think my major problem is the fact that the just drive around the same old courses doing one of only three events - so it soon got fairly boring. I did have a bit of fun with it though. The Endurance events are a good blast, especially 30 laps on a tiny figure of eight course with 15 other cars. Ha ha, it lead to so many mid track pile ups that is was more like a destruction derby.

I did manage to boost some of the Epic badges online too. My partner in crime was Apple and we managed to find a way to hax our way to victory with very little trouble. Basically I would set up a race and have the number of laps setting on Long. This would cause people to either not find us in searches (as everyone was looking for Short matches) or just enter the room and then leave. Once the count got to 1.30 we could vote to auto start the race, so I'd quickly change the laps setting to Short and off we went. Ha ha, a neat way to stop people spoiling the fun.

With the online out of the way, I only need 18 of the 21 offline badges to get to Epic status and I'll be done. Not too tricky. I'm hoping to mop it up this week and then move on to one of the new titles when they finally arrive. Bring on the pain.

1 comment:

CRU said...

You expect us to get in last place, Well shit I want first play :P Yea we need to finish up Damnation cause to many good games are coming out very soon.. and who will want to play Damnation then. ekk at least we have the hard bit done (MP)