Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why do I even have a to do list?

I seem to take two steps back for every meagre step forward at the moment. It seems that for every game that I manage to finish off another two will step in to take their place, I really need to pace myself a bit more and perhaps relegate a few more review titles to my back up account until I actually have time for them.

A case in point would be Need for Speed: Shift. It actually came out a week or so ago but as no one was entirely willing to review it the burden fell to me. Obviously I have been working on WET, Mini Ninjas and Raven Squad so it had to wait until now. I had a look at the list before hand and it seems like a fairly easy 1k - which makes a change as driving games are hardly my speciality. So in my stupidity I went and slapped it straight on my card and saw yet another hit to my ongoing quest for luscious completion.

In fairness though the game IS fairly easy, and I milked it for over 300 points in just a few hours. The same effort again tonight will see me practically double that, then I will have to grind out all of the stats required for twenty Epic badges. Nothing too taxing though so I should be able to manage.

Also still stinking up my card are games like Damnation, NBA Ballers, C&C: Kanes Wrath, Brothers in Arms (with a paltry one ach: for playing on Sept 17th), Spiderman 3 and Project Sylpheed. A lot of work there and most of them are still less than half complete. Ugh.

The bane of my life is also rearing its ugly head. Yes, DLC is back and corrupting all and sundry. I have a rented copy of Fable 2 so plan on finishing up the full 1350 on that fairly soon, the L4D DLC also drops today so will require some time and effort. I'm still one expert campaign short of finishing the original 1k (Blood Harvest - yikes) and then need to farm the 53k worth of kills. I'd love to get the full 1250 though before the sequel turns up. As despite Valve's promises I can't imagine that any more DLC or points will be attached to the original.

It promises to be a busy week all around, hopefully I can make some progress on a bunch of titles and get close to finishing them off - or at least close enough so that I can be happy with my efforts.

Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

JJBDude said...

Damn, having to review so many games in such little time must be rather stressful. You have my admiration lol. :)