Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Good times

Well there is yet another roadblock on my way to 90% completion though this time it is totally self inflicted. I made the mistake of starting FFXIII yesterday and no doubt it will take up a damn large portion of my time from here on out, as I'll probably be looking at about 100+ hours to get that bad boy wrapped up.

On the plus side I am enjoying the game so far, though the story is a bit convoluted to begin with and the fact you have to get three hours into the game before you can even start levelling up is just plain ridiculous. Still I do enjoy a bit of RPG goodness and it has been a while since I let myself get lost in one of this kind of depth. I still have a whole bunch of similar titles on my shelf too - such as Two Worlds, Risen, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Magna Carta 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2 etc. I really need to find time to go back to some of those games, well to go and start them would be more accurate, ha ha! Plus, Resonance of Fate is out soon too and I'd love to get stuck into that as well. So many games so little time.

I'm currently grinding my way through 100 online matches in HAWX and hope to get a good chunk of them done before the weekend. At that point I'm looking to get the last three achievements done with - namely Deflector Ace, Sitting Ducks and General. It would be nice to get yet another game out of the way and sold off. Then I can concentrate on NHL 09 as my next project as I only need to grind out the single player career.

My quest for 200k is going fairly well as I only need another 7.8k until I'm there. Within that total though I will need at least 4k from games I've already played in order to hit my other target of 90% completion. It would also be nice if I could have 175 games fully completed at the same time, I'm at 168 thus far but have at least four or five games I could wrap up while gaining only minimum points. Here is hoping.

2 comments:

MilitaryGamer said...

I feel ya, so many games not enough time. What you have accomplished is quite impressive though.

JJBDude said...

Final Fantasy will surely take a while. I haven't heard any information yet on how long it takes but your estimate of 100+ hours seems good.

Keep going, 200k is close. :)