Monday, March 15, 2010

FOX THREE!!!!

And other air combat related comments.............

Considering I had left HAWX on the backburner for about 18 months (since I completed it for a review) it has taken me a remarkably short amount of time to finally finish it off. Aided and abetted by my online wingman (not in that way......) Creech, we managed to polish off the trickier online tasks. Namely killing two people that have been hit by an EMP strike, deflecting a ton of missiles and getting to the rank of General.

I also helped him get the annoying repair task out of the way and we went through some of the god awful counter support challenges too - though we couldn't for the life of us get the Cannon/Missile supression combo of perks. We would inevitably get one or the other to show up but just couldn't pull it together. Still it is the only online task he has left to do so we did a pretty good job.

Getting General meant I finally had the full 1k in the game and it was a nice end to the weekend. Plus, it means yet another title I can sell off to try and thin out my ever growing horde of games, ha ha!

In other news I also blitzed through the rest of Arkham Asylum on Hard difficulty too. I'd gone through the game a while ago in order to get the review done, but I never really allowed myself the luxury of finding all of the riddles etc (plus it was on my girlfriends account so why work hard for points?). Because I had left it so long I had totally forgotten how the combat system worked which led to an awful button bashing mess - followed shortly after by my gruesome death at the hands of some goons. It took me a while to get back into the swing of things and master the timings again, thankfully I soon picked it back up and had a great time doing so. I felt it at the time, and I still do, that the last boss was a tad too underwhelming and easy - but aside from that it was top notch entertainment all the way through.

I also dipped in and out of the combat challenges too, and strangely I found the Sewer Bat (Extreme) level took me longer than anything else. Perhaps because I tackled it without the armoured suit and triple batclaw. Wisely I left the last two challenges until I was fully kitted out and they were a hell of a lot easier than I thought they would be. I'd been dreading Shock and Awe (Extreme) but managed to three star it within an hour. Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme) was a bit more of a pain and in one agonising session I managed to complete it with 49,940 points - bloody 60 points shy of the rating I needed. ARRRRRGHHH!!! I did it a couple of tries later though so all was well. I'm currently only one Predator challenge away from the full 1k now - as they were remarkably easy in comparison to the combat ones.

At the moment I'm going to work on the new Moto GP game for an upcoming review, and also dip back into FFXIII too. I'll probably try to work on Gears some more as well as polishing off NHL 09 at some point. All in aid of that lovely 90% completion ratio, yay! I'm closing in on my target of 175 completed retail games too, so maybe I could up that figure to 180 before hitting 200k. Though that would only be possible if I only finished games I had already started I suppose.

Choices, choices...............

No comments: