Tuesday, October 06, 2009

NBA 07 and other traumas

For some reason I went out and bought NBA 07 again, it only cost me a few pounds, in the vain hope of snagging the ever elusive 1000 users online achievement. The effort obviously failed and we barely got half the amount needed. Considering half of my friends list was on the game it seems that the best chance of getting this achievement done has come and gone.

Frankly I suspected as much even before we began, but I clung to the hope that it would be different. The issue now is the fact that the game is a few years old, not widely stocked in games stores or even rented that much. So the only people that actually own the game tend to be those people that are stuck at 900 points and are willing to jump into every attempt. Without a large pool of new gamers and people prepared to pick up the game then I fear all future attempts are doomed to failure. In the last known successful attempt (over two years ago) there were only JUST enough people top unlock the achievement - and that was when the game was brand new and still popular. What hope for the rest of us?

Oh well, at least we tried.

In other news I am still edging closer to success on Shift, another few badges have been turned into shiny platinum ones. I plan on getting all of the badges out of the way, then grinding up to level 50 and then finishing off the last event for the remaining 150 points. To be honest I could have snagged that massive amount of points hours ago but I thought it would be nice to have that down as the final thing to have accomplished.

I'm still waiting on FIFA and Risen too which is a major drag as I'm champing at the bit to get stuck into them and have the reviews up for all to see. Bring on the pain.

1 comment:

JJBDude said...

I've tried 3 times now for the 1000 achievement on NBA and no luck, I really did wish I didn't let my friend borrow it when the 2 successful boosting sessions happened.

I thought it would work this time but it didn't, got to wait for the server closing now or the achievement will never be gotten.