Thursday, October 15, 2009

200k race update

Maybe the title is slightly misleading as it implies that I'm actually in contention for victory or something but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a recap.

Basically my good buddy Rich is leading, with Apple in hot pursuit - then the rest of us just languishing at the back somewhere, ha ha! Hammer did drop out of the contest when he quit points but now that he is back on the sauce I have no idea if he wants in again or not. Might be too late for him to win at this stage anyway. Personally speaking I'm a bit disappointed with my performance, not because I'm not winning mind but because I had hoped to get to at least 175k before one of the others crossed the magical milestone. Doesn't look like that will happen now unless I crank out a few really quick games. I do have Fallout 3 (PC) and could always pick up things like Terminator Salvation and the like, but I think I'll just muddle on as I usually do.

Frankly with the amount of half finished games I have sat around I really have no need to start anything new at all, but probably will do anyway. My current to do list includes NHL 09, NHL 10, Operation Flashpoint, NBA Ballers, Risen, Brothers in Arms and C&C 3 Kanes Wrath. Hardly a walk in the park there, but I do like to make things difficult for myself.

Operation Flashpoint is being tackled with steady progress and we have four out of eleven levels down - which sounds weak but is actually not bad going. We can also make it to the level five finale every time so just need to finalise some kind of solid plan for success. I vary between enjoying the game enormously and loathing it totally - which is unsurprising due to the one hit kills and need to restart a level if your co-op pal dies. Tough stuff, but we are clawing our way to victory and it will be one of my happiest completions.

I've gone back to NHL 09 as I had left it at 250 points for far too long. So now I'm going to try and crank out as much as I can in a short space of time. I have done all of the offline stuff except my Legend card which I'm starting work on now. I've lined up a session for the 10 people in a game achievement (hope to get the club match one too) so that I will only need to do some one on one boosting which I can hopefully do with a second console at some point. Fingers crossed.

NHL 10 is also, rather foolishly, on my to do list and I'm trying to approach it from the same angle. If I can get the 6 people in a match and online league (needs four people) achievements done with then I should be good to mop up the rest of the tasks fairly easily. Fingers crossed.

This week will see Brutal Legend land, so I may well pick it up at some point which will give me something else to contend with. I think I need to try and focus my efforts on a few games at a time really as at the moment I am in danger of being swamped.

2 comments:

JJBDude said...

Your always swamped haha.

CRU said...

hehe I Might beat you to 200k ;) then maybe I'll retire