Monday, July 04, 2005

War of the Worlds.

Absolute fucking shit or just misunderstood.

Definitely the former. Good lord and I had such high hopes only for it to come crashing down around me. Firstly, I can't be made to put up with Dakota Fanning screaming every two minutes (that quickly got old) it just made me wish that she would die a horrible death. The entire story was weak and ladled with the cheesy sentimentalism that Speilberg seems to thrive on . As for the ending.

Ugh. It just makes me wince to think he even dreamed he could get away with it. Overall, weak story, terrible characters, annoying over intelligent little girl (Or are they all mature beyond their years as recent films would suggest), a terrible and unbelieveable ending (which I will not spoil, but you'll know what I'm talking about) the only saving grace were the effects. 2/10.

Talk about ruining my day. It made me despair that I had actually paid money to see it. I'm now going to try and selective erase this film from my mind in the hope it will not taint me further.

No comments: