Friday, July 01, 2005

Crazed idling process

Things to do:

1-Get a grip
2-Get a girl
3-Achieve absolute physical and mental perfection.

But should all of that go tits up, then I'll just chill out and take it easy. Which, after considerable thought, will be a hell of a lot easier to manage in the short term.

Just finished counting loose change from the drinks machine. I think when they said my job was going to be 'diverse and varied' they meant 'dull and uninteresting' honestly I do jobs that a trained chimp could handle. The irony is, that it would cost a hell of a lot more to get a trained chimp. Typical.

Technically I do marketing. Realistically I do a load of crap. Such is life, at least I'm getting paid. Which is more than some people can say. Though I have to say that this place seems to be run by morons who are just making shit up on a daily basis. I think I may have just described every manager ever. Hmmmm

Did have a bright spot to the day when I gave Titanic 1 out of 10 on the IMDB, badmouthing that film makes me feel better every time. Turning a historical event into a terrible love story. GREAT WORK.

I mean, what next? A new Jack the Ripper film where he only killed to raise money for his blind mother and to provide for two 'cute as pie' orphans. Truly cinema does not get any better.

Still at least it does not get much worse (unless you've seen Battlefield Earth, in which case may God have mercy on your soul). Though big budget films have been spared recently by quality like Sin City and Batman Begins. Long may it continue.

Friday tomorrow so at least I have the weekend to look forward to. Except I don't as I am doing sod all. Got no one to go anywhere with. Wait, I think I hear a tiny violin. Haha. My bloody traitorous heart has turned to emotional blackmail. Bastard.

May go to the flicks with friends and see War of the Worlds. Fingers crossed that the Cruiser dies in it (a major star death has to happen eventually), but I hold out little hope. Have to admit he has turned into a great actor recently, so I hope he puts in a good turn.

Hopefully do some more writing on my novel (second one) but who can say. I think I need someone with a red hot poker to get me to do any work (nothing kinky, this is ALL metaphor I assure you). But I will struggle on.

Home time now. Thank the lord. Why is it that the last few minutes of any day seem to stretch out into an eternity. Something must be done, but I'm too damn lazy to do it. Just let me know when changes are made.

No comments: