Monday, November 05, 2012

Ticking over

Just a quick post, as I really want to update the Wall of Death this lunch time, as I had a semi decent weekend of gaming to get myself back in the proverbial saddle.

After throwing caution to the wind and chucking Condemned 2 on my tag I decided against rushing through the online modes of that by myself and, instead, went back to finish off a couple of other games. I managed to get through all of the World of Keflings DLC last week and, this very morning, I finally put paid to the FIFA 12 DLC.

To be honest you get a lot of gaming for your money (at least if you are going for achievements) as beating every team in the Euro 12 DLC three times is required to complete the mosaic and get all the points. That adds up to 160+ games, even more when you include doing a proper Euro tourney as well, plus an online tournament and a challenge. It's hard to believe that FIFA 12 is now my most played game (according to raptr anyway) with over 150+ hours logged altogether. Though I only signed up to that site after doing Gears 1 and a lot of WSC 2007, so it is not entirely accurate I'm sure.

Still I'm glad to be done grinding through game after game as it has long outstayed its welcome. A shame really, as up until the DLC I'd really enjoyed FIFA 12 on the whole.

I also managed to finish off Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway last night. Many thanks go to Rich and Kimi (who would have gotten all the achievements too if BOTH of our internet connections hadn't died). The beauty of this completion is that I only needed 7 zero point achievements, so it helps greatly towards my completion percentage and total completions while still leaving me with points on the board to play with.

Talking of points on the board here is my plan of attack for now:

Bioshock - 100 points, 1 achievement, 1 completion.
Bioshock 2 - 250 points, 15 achievements, 1 completion.
Tomb Raider Legend - 185 points, 7 achievements, 1 completion.

Which would leave me at 297752GS, 92.75% completion and 298 games complete. So I'd require a further 2248 worth of points, plus 28 achievements (to reach 93%) and two more completions. So far so good.

I'm hoping to get a bunch of those points and even a completion (if I have time) out of Condemned 2. Plus, I still have Halo ODST to fall back on assuming I can find people to help me do the two four player tasks. So they could easily be my two completions if required. I could also aim to get all 28 achievements from various games I've already made a start on and THEN just play two quick XBLA games to finish off with, as I've got quite a few candidates on my tag ready to go. So on the whole things are looking fairly decent. For now.

Halo 4 comes out this week. My friends will all want to play it with me. I can't say no.

There goes my completion percentage again. Crap...........

No comments: