Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Slow progress

I've not had much time for gaming this week, and the time I have had has been spent playing Halo 4. That issue is only going to get worse as I now have the latest Call of Duty game sat waiting to be reviewed, so I'll need to dedicate some time to that bad boy and get it done and dusted. If I can.

I think this will be the only COD game that I don't have on my main gamertag, mainly because I only finished off the last game a couple of months ago and have no desire to invest in another series of costly DLC packs just to snag all of the achievements on offer. While the series has been great fun for the most part (though I do feel it peaked with the original Modern Warfare) it just doesn't seem to offer anything new or intriguing. Maybe the new game will change that but I have my doubts. I should also admit that one of the achievements requires you to Prestige and I cannot see myself playing the online MP long enough to bother doing so. Sorry guys - maybe next year.

Anyway, I'll probably be playing COD tonight and maybe hop onto some Halo 4 afterwards in a bid to finish up a few online challenges and maybe get to Rank 20 (sat at 19 at the moment). In fact one of the main reasons I'm happy to play Halo multiplayer over that of COD (or Battlefield, MOH or any other FPS) is primarily because I have a group of friends that love playing it with me. If they were more into another franchise then I probably would be as well, but Halo was our first love and we always hop into the fray together.

As far as my progress with the game goes I just need to win 20 online matches, complete 25 challenges and complete the campaign on Solo Legendary - then I can focus on the last few Spartan Ops missions when the required content is released in a few weeks.

I only started playing online on Monday and it has been tough going. My first three matches were all in SWAT as there was a challenge for getting pistol kills and one for headshots, so I thought SWAT was the best option. Unfortunately, sticking with the magnum made me easy pickings for long range DMR sniping and my KD ratio in those games was shocking. I only played about three games (with one win) but it didn't make for pretty reading.

Since then I've jumped into Capture the Flag matches with me success. Well, more success for me personally but not for my teams. In the four matches I played I came top of my team in three of them but I didn't pick up a single victory - losing by a single capture in EVERY game (bar one, when we got hammered). I guess getting to 20 wins will not be the walk in the park I had hoped, but if I stick to team games I should get there eventually. I certainly don't plan on hopping in FFA modes, as I suck when working as a lone wolf so wouldn't want to shame myself. I'm a solid team player though so that is the way forward.

So my next few days will consist of shooting stuff. Them maybe I'll go back to Tomb Raider Legend (boo!) and finish that off.

No comments: