Thursday, November 29, 2012

Completion challenge ahoy!

In January there is a Subscribers/Staff completion challenge, with the only prize being a few shiny forum awards and the like. However, I'd like to put up a decent showing and maybe even do quite well though it has to be said that the timing is fairly appalling if truth be told. In recent times I've been focusing on finishing up any number of games that were close to completion so that has left my list of games 'to do' looking a heck of a lot thinner.

With that in mind, and the fact I still want to finish off three games prior to hitting 300k, here is my plan of attack. First and foremost I'm hoping to complete Lego Lord of the Rings, Halo 4 and Halo ODST in order to get my 300 completions and then I can do plenty of prep work for the competition.

After those three are out of the way I plan on NEARLY completing as many games as possible ready for me to fire them up again in January, unlock one achievement, and snag an easy completion. There are actually a fair few games that I can potentially do this on and my quest has been helped immeasurably by a number of recent arcade games that are super easy. Here are some of the games I have in mind for my sneaky attack:

Tomb Raider Legend - just need to do the DLC, the last achievement is for completing it on Hard so I can leave my save before the last boss and finish it off in a few minutes.

Ghost Recon Future Soldier - more DLC. I'm hoping to mop up the online achievements this weekend which will only leave me with the extra single player missions to do. I plan on doing two of the three on Elite difficulty, getting all other achievements/challenges done and then I can go back, play one level, and complete the game.

Fighting Vipers - easy arcade game. Can unlock all bar one achievement in an hour, if that.

Virtua Fighter 2 - easy arcade game. Can unlock all bar one achievement in an hour, if that.

Sonic the Fighters - easy arcade game. Can unlock all bar one achievement in an hour, if that.

NIN2 Jump - can complete everything bar the survive for 3 minutes achievement, which should take me......3 minutes.

SVC Golden Axe - complete everything bar one achievement.

SVC Monster World - complete everything bar one achievement.

SVC Alex Kidd - complete everything bar one achievement.

SVC Streets of Rage - complete everything bar one achievement.

3D Ultra Mini Golf - do all achievements but leave ONE medal. Then just play that hole, pick it up and I'm done.

Cloning Clyde - complete all bar one achievement (probably leave one level to do).

Interpol - can leave one achievement or do entire game in a few hours. Either/or.

Dead Space Ignition - game takes a few hours, or just leave one achievement.

ilomilo - need to finish the game off, can leave one co-op achievement until last.

Shinobi - game takes a couple of hours or can leave one achievement.

Streets of Rage 2 - game takes a few hours or can just leave one achievement.

Secret of Monkey Island 2 - game takes a few hours, or I can leave a save right before the end.

Unbound Saga - game takes a few hours or leave one achievement.

Track and Field - game takes an hour or so, skill dependant though.

So twenty games right there but this is really just the tip of the iceberg, as I also have a bunch of Sonic games I could aim to complete and a few other games that are easy but may take a bit more time. I think if I can work on this list and get them all within an achievement of being done in the next month (very possible) then it will give me a massive day one haul to potentially drop. Not only will that give me a chance at glory, it will also be hilarious to see other peoples reactions.

You'll notice that most of these games are arcade titles, mainly because they will take far less time/effort to complete and because I have an absolute BUTTLOAD of games I've bought on XBLA and never gotten around to playing. This will help me out and give me an excuse to actually play through some of the games I've missed out on. Win win. I may also buy a few other arcade games that I know I can polish off quickly (like the Wallace and Gromit games, Duke Nukem etc) though that may come down to whether there are any good sales over the festive period. Fingers crossed.

I'm also hoping to start/finish some easy retail games I've got laid around the house as I really want to purge my collection in view of the fact that a new console is only a year or two away and, once it turns up, the chances of me playing through all of these old games will be negligible. Games I've already started (like Condemned 2) will also be high up the priority list.

With that in mind I'm going to do a general cull on my horde of retail stuff. I'll probably sell/trade in any games that I've not started that have online achievements or massive amounts of grinding to do. I'll keep any games that I can feasibly complete in single player, not to mention any RPG titles as I'm somewhat of a collector. The rest can go though, and hopefully a more manageable collection will mean I have more inclination to play the games that I choose to spare.

No comments: