Monday, April 26, 2010

Seriously, redux

It is done.

I was going to be all cool and mysterious by just leaving my post at that, but I felt the urge to chat about it a touch more. Me and the posse had been playing from Wednesday - Saturday (nights only, ha ha) in a bid to cross the finishing line. As I was closest the decision was made to have me play EVERY game in a bid to get it done - which would then free the others up to play more games between them while I just had my two accounts sit there.

10k came and went with no achievement in sight, then 11k fell and I started to get a bit apprehensive as we have all heard the horror stories about people having to wait until 15-20k. As I edged closer to 12k we were going to call it a night, as it was 4am Sunday morning and we had been playing for eight hours straight. The game ended and, thank the Lord, the damn thing finally popped up. I had kind of lost any enthusiasm by that point, and the others assumed I was joking or something but it was FINALLY complete. Relief is the word here............

It took 11,740 kills for it to emerge and I have to yet again question Epic's programming skills here. I saw a quote from one of the producers saying that it wasn't broken and that any time a game froze up or a person left (to take it under six players) then the kills would get added to the leaderboards but would not count. I can safely say that he is full of the proverbial - as there is no way I lost 1,740 worth of kills. I kept a half assed tally of when the game froze up or booted one of us. In all of the games I played there were only THREE matches total where I lost kills which could only add up to a maximum of about 270 kills, assuming I played 19 rounds to the other teams 18 and got 90 kills a match. So screw Epic and their dodgy maths.

Still, I now have to polish off Annex mode and dummy another couple of nights so that the rest of the team can get their reward. Everyone is over 10k now so it shouldn't take too long hopefully.

I also tried my hand at the FIFA 09 DLC too, as it had been sat on my harddrive for months. The online stuff can be done with only two people and a bit of setting up when it comes to matches, so it's not too bad. I got through nine of the eighteen online tournaments and I hope to finish the rest off this week. I'm also going to get started on the offline trophies too but they should be quite straightforward. My biggest grind will be getting enough coins to fill a page of the collection which will come down to a mix of luck and time. Still I'm hopeful of getting it done ASAP.

So my immediate goals will be Annex, FIFA 09 and then Castle Crashers. All of which should be done in the next couple of weeks, then it's time for my triple threat of L4D, Damnation and Operation Flashpoint. I'm also starting Dead to Rights Retribution for review purpose. Woo hoo!

No comments: