Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Long haul gaming

Saturday was a busy day for me in the gaming sense. I sat down at about 1pm to make a start on some Annex matches on Gears, as I really wanted to get them done before I got too close to Seriously (otherwise my motivation would just die). However, Rich and Method were online at the same time so we started an impromptu kills boosting session.

Twelve hours, multiple games and the addition of Smit to the group later........

My tally now stands at 8878 kills, so the end is in sight. Frankly I'll never know how close I am to the finish line until the damn thing actually pops thanks to the dodgy stat tracking in the game (cheers for that Epic). How hard is it to put a line of code in there that states: if number of kills = 10,000 then Achievement Unlocked? It boggles my mind. Though not as much as the fact I played games for twelve hours straight without unlocking a single achievement, ha ha!

I was totally under the weather on Sunday (food poisoning methinks) so really didn't do much at all. My only bit of gaming was a co-op game of Resident Evil 5 with my fiance. I needed to unlock Pro difficulty on the Desperate Escape DLC (for the last achievement) and she was game to assist me. I have to say I was a touch nervous as she has NEVER played the game before and hates shooters in general, plus it was on the second hardest difficulty to boot.

She came through like a trooper though and we made it through unscathed. There were a couple of deaths (to be expected) but she was a great partner and I'm almost tempted to lure her back for Pro mode. The toughest part was the final onslaught but we dealt with wave after wave of goons until we ran out of ammo, by that point there was only thirty seconds left so we just ran around like headless chickens until success was assured. Ha ha!

Monday was another rough day too, and after a disturbed night of sickness I slept in until 11.30am. Not a grand time to be sure. I spent the day huddled on the sofa grinding through Annex matches on Gears. Taking myself to 65 games won thus far - though my achievement for 20 wins on Bullet Marsh popped about four games after I thought it would so those figures may be wrong again (how hard is it Epic, I mean really?). Still they were my first points in a few days so it was something at least.

This week I'm hoping to hit 10k on Gears and maybe finish off the Annex stuff too - it would be sweet to have to full 1250 but due to the dodgy tracking I wouldn't say it was a certainty. Next up will be the remaining stuff on Resi 5 and then I'll be focusing on the trio of unfinished games that is Damnation, L4D and Operation Flashpoint.

No comments: