Friday, April 16, 2010

Progress is good!

Well I finally got the full 1k in Brothers in Arms last night so the game is done - though if anyone thinks I give a rats ass about the 0 point achievements they are sorely mistaken, ha ha! It would be fine if there were a couple but boosting 20 online matches with four players for no real reward is, to me, a waste of time (though I suppose that argument could be laid at the door of achievements in general). So it is going down as another completion.

I really wish MS would just flat out ban longwinded 0 point achievemnts anyway - as they serve no purpose other than to annoy the hell out of me, plus there are a number of people on their high horse about why they DO count towards completion. Seriously, if those achievements were that important they would have had some points allocated towards them even if it is only 5 or 10. So once I have all the points in a game the game is complete, nuff said.

Though in a complete hypocritic reversal I did snag the last 0 point achievement on Blue Dragon last night, ha ha! Mainly because I'm planning on selling the game and it took me all of five minutes to do. But I doubt I'll ever lavish the same respect onto BIA as it just looks like a big old pain in the ass.

I also managed to polish off the Lost in Nightmares DLC for Resident Evil 5, my run through on Professional difficulty was actually smooth sailing with only that damnable Wesker and my A.I partners stupidity standing in my way. I'll have to go through it again with my pals in order to help them out, but I figured if I knew what to expect then it would make things taht much eaier. I'll be aiming to get through Desperate Escape on Veteran next so I have the Pro mode ready to go in co-op. After that will be the Team boosting in Versus mode and then it'll be done. Boo yah!

Also made some good progress in Gears of War - though it has been kind of enforced. After months and months of late night boosting my other half has finally got sick of it and told me to either finish up by the end of the month or not finish at all. Yikes! So we have been starting super early and squeezing in as many games as possible (apologies to Method who is missing out as a result). The results have been pretty damn awesome though and I should be nearly at 8.5k by the end of the week. A similar run next week will see us on the verge of the magical number and then it becomes a case of 'when will it pop'. I think once I hit 10k my other half will let me keep going until it finally appears but I have to make sure I get there.

I reeeeeeeally need to get cracking on the Annex stuff too, as once Seriously pops up my motivation to play Gears will be almost dead, ha ha! So that will be high on my to do list.

My next goal will be to complete Operation Flashpoint, Damnation and L4D as they are all within my grasp assuming I pull my finger out. Though I will probably need to harass some boosting buddies into helping me out with each of them. My 90% completion target is merely 0.5% away from me now so it now comes down to grinding out a few more completions before I cross the magical threshold of 200k. Getting there, getting there...........

1 comment:

JJBDude said...

Wooooah, I didn't think it would be that tedious for your girlfriend! It's for the best though if it makes you finish it off quicker lol.