Tuesday, December 18, 2012

One achievement left......

Yes, I'm still chipping away at a bunch of games in a bid to get them ready for the grand completion challenge in January. The good news is that I'm actually doing rather well if truth be told, and should have a host of games lined up ready for me to spend an hour or so finishing them off.

Most of the titles are arcade games, but even then I've managed to do pretty well in terms of getting JUST enough points/progress/completion etc in order to leave myself needing only a few minutes work to actually complete the game in question.

The best part is the fact I've managed to get a few retail games on the verge of completion too: most notably Halo ODST (after finally knocking out that pesky Endure achievement) and Ghost Recon Future Soldier (just need to complete one more DLC challenge to be done). Those games will probably take me the longest to 'finish' come January, but even then we are talking an hour or so rather than the countless hours it would have taken from start to finish (think I've spent 90 odd hours of Ghost Recon in particular).

At the moment I'm up to 11 games that can be completed in roughly 2-3 hours work (most of that time will be doing the last ODST Firefight mission that I need). In fact the other ten games will probably not even take an hour of work between them. I love it when a plan comes together.

However, my work is not yet done. I'm still hoping to get Condemned 2 and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes into the same position from a retail point of view, plus the Golden Axe Collection, Interpol, Monkey Island 2, Nin2 Jump and a few others from the arcade side of things. If I get a bit of luck I may even manage to complete Texas Hold 'Em in January but that all depends on getting a Royal Flush which is clearly not guaranteed.

If I do get through all of the above I can sit down and plan out some more easy stuff to play through before the end of the year, or in January itself, as I have quite a few other arcade games that can be finished off with minimal effort (3D Ultra Mini Golf, Cloning Clyde etc) and a few retail titles that probably fall into the same bracket to boot.

If I can hit the first of January with 20 games lined up and ready to drop, it would be a pleasant start to the year.

No comments: