Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Back once again

Well it has been a lengthy delay since my last post, but without a 360 what could possible happen to me that was interesting enough to blog about? Ha ha! My life doesn't solely revolve around the 360 but this blog does.

Anyway, a generous soul lent me a shiny new console and I was able to get some gaming in over the last week. My main goal was to play Overlord 2 and get the review up on x360a - a feat I managed to pull off after 20 odd hours of playing through it. The game is a lot of fun, maybe not so much as the first as the shine and originality has worn off, but I still really enjoyed it. It is something different from the endless array of unimaginative movie tie-ins and generic FPS games that seem to be thrown out by the dozen. When you play as many (often dubious) games as I do then a change of pace is more than welcome.

I also went back and finished up Bionic Commando (retail) as my hard difficulty playthrough proved to be relatively straight forward. In between times I was sent my next rental: Night at the Museum - which took all of a few hours to finish off. I think the biggest shock is not the simple nature of the game but the fact it was rushed out in such a state at all. I don't often criticise other reviews (because everyone is entitled to their own opinion) but the fact IGN gave it 7.5 out of ten is staggering to me. So that game has been banished back from whence it came, to be replaced by Dirt. A driving game. I hate driving games. But it is meant to be easy enough as long as I can find someone to play online with.

I've also got to find time to play Damnation with Cru and maybe some Splinter Cell: DA now that I'm up and running again. It's all go.

First up is my next review though: Harry Potter. Oh the horror........

No comments: