Thursday, December 09, 2010

Coming up

I figured at some point that I would do a year in review, basically a post about the best and worst things about a life in gaming and some of the stories along the way. I'm not just going to waffle on about my favourite games, as I'll also have a few stories that have come about from gaming in general - be it multiplayer, games conventions or falling asleep on the sofa while playing, there are always countless things going on that are either caused by or affected by gaming in one form or another.

Personally speaking it has been a bit of a mixed year for me, with plenty of high points personally speaking (and on the gaming front too) but also a few disappointments. Gaming wise nothing surprises me anymore, as certain games are expected to be bad in one sense, but every now and again things just bog down life in general.

If anyone has any suggestions then feel free to fire away. Plus, any questions about anything I do, any games I play or the reviews I've published are more than welcome. Also any opinions about this blog in general, good or bad, will be happily received. I don't expect many (if any) as I doubt this blog is particularly well read, but the offer is there.

I think I will get started either tomorrow or over the weekend. So expect a long winding post that is me rambling on about all things gaming over the last twelve months. Don't say I didn't warn you.

4 comments:

ThrawnOmega said...

I'll get back to you with comments. Leave for work in 5 min so can't type them now. Check back tomorrow, your time.

Kornfan2007 said...

I enjoy the blog. Only follow yours and stallions. Enjoy yours more as you are more about the writing that constant stat updates. It is nice to see an insight into how players with really high gamerscores look at how they are doing though. I just play what I fancy, whereas you breakdown your stats and try to work on things more logically.

Keep up the posts :-)

ThrawnOmega said...

Question: Any ideas on ways to continue writing for x360a when it seems almost 100% of the work is now done UK side?

Comments:
-I personally ignore your long list posts where you discuss your completion percentage. Not interested.
-I'd love to read more "post-review" comments. Obviously, there's a level of professionalism required for a review, but once that's done, do you have any other thought or comments that didn't make it into the draft?
-Are you looking to grow your audience? If so, I'd recommend trying to post on a more regular basis, as much as life allows. I'm working on this goal myself.

Overall, I like your blog, so I wouldn't recommend too much change, just more frequent content.

NJC Omega said...

I really enjoy your blog, one of the few remaining achievement blogs out there and definitely one of the more interesting reads. My personal favourite post from the year was your post to all the haters out there regarding achievements. Very well put across and a good read.

I don't think there is many areas you can improve in, maybe continue the post-review posts as Thrawn suggested. Apart from that great job! :)