Thursday, January 28, 2010

How did that happen?

Apparently I have 25k worth of points still to get in games I have already played, and I have no idea how that figure has suddenly ballooned. I do have a number of games on a small amount of points but I have also been striving to finish off a bunch of titles at the same time. Clearly I've not been doing particularly well on either front, ha ha!

I did manage to polish off Darksiders though which was a thoroughly entertaining 1k all around, there was a bit of unneccesary grinding at times though in order to level up the weapons and amass 100 miles on the horse but aside from that it was fairly smooth sailing and only one play through to boot.

With one game finally in the bag I have gone back to Bayonetta. I'm still spending some time finding all of the collectables and challenge portals, as I skipped through a lot of exploring in my haste to get the review done. I also spent a lot of time grinding up Halo's in order to afford the best weapons and accessories - as I want the Hard mode run throughs to be as painless as possible. With all the best equipment in hand and a ton of items I should be set to blast through the game now. So another couple of hours to wrap up my treasure hunting and then however long two more plays through the game take. Easy peasy.

After that I'm back onto the latest COD. I'll get all the single player done and then focus on polishing off the Spec Ops missions with a friend of mine. We kind of got stuck on the Smash and Grab mission but I'm sure it will fall before us the next time we play. Then we can set our sights on the few other things that need doing.

In the quest for Seriously I am at about 2500 kills now, so a quarter of the way towards the mythical benchmark. Though I do not know a single person that can say they unlocked the achievement at exactly 10,000 kills (great stat tracking by Epic there) so no doubt I'll have to go above and beyond to get this done.

Next up is a review of Vancouver 2010 - but I really can't be bothered going for the full 1k so that one will be going on the back up account for sure.

1 comment:

Kornfan2007 said...

A nice tactic for Smash and Grab is to wait in the first room for the guys with shields and then just charge to the end. I did this on my own and with a friend. Not too hard